UGSAS, GU Policy for Prevention of the New Corona Virus (COVID-19) Infection (as of April 14)
2020/04/14 更新 Public Info
To UGSAS,GU Students,
The UGSAS, GU would like to infrom you the Policy for Prevention of the New Corona Virus (COVID-19) Infection as below.
- Lectures will start on May 7th. However, they should be basically done by on-line education using ICT. Regarding Specialized Subjects, you should contact your supervisor and co-supervisors how they deliver.
- Schedule and methods of "Special Lectures on Agriculture I (Japanese)" to be held in June and "Integrated Agricultural Seminar", "Researcher Ethics, Professional Ethics" and "Mental Health, Physical Health" to be held in August are subject to change according to the situation of the Corona Virus infection.
- Midterm presentation is allowed only by using ICT tools (e.g. Zoom, MS-Teams, Skype) and/or E-mail until May 20th. Every participant cannot be in a same room until May 6th, when using ICT tools. In case of E-mail method, a student prepares a PowerPoint file with notes, sends it to supervisors, and receives their comments. After conducting either way, students should submit the report in a few days. UGSAS rooms are closed for a while and you cannot use for the midterm presentation.
II． Subject Registration [for Freshman]
- The deadline of "Registration Card" and "Credit Transfer Application" is April 30th. You should submit them via E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the forms uploaded on AIMS-Gifu. When the University System resumed normally, we request to submit them with the seal again.
III． Research Activities
- Student at Gifu Campus whose supervisor belongs to Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences:
- Gifu campus is closed until May 6th. Basically, students should not visit the campus during this period. If you have to come to the campus due to inevitable reason (e.g. for taking care of plants, unstoppable ongoing project and so on), you must consult with your supervisor. Before coming to the campus, your supervisor must submit the activity plan to the Faculty office and you have to check and record your temperature and health (symptom of coughing, sneezing and etc.). After your activities, your supervisor has to submit the report.
- From May 7th, minimum required research activities are allowed without permission. But UGSAS recommends the students to work at home as much as possible. Before coming to the campus, you still have to check and record your temperature and health (symptom of coughing, sneezing and etc.). Also, face-to-face seminar and meeting is not allowed yet. Be sure to be minimize the contact opportunities with other students and faculties.
- Student at Shizuoka Campus and Student at Gifu Campus whose supervisor belongs to NOT Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences:
You should consult with your supervisor adequately (by E-mail, phone or etc.) and follow his/her instruction. You should also obey the policy of your supervisor's affiliation.
- Regarding field investigation, you should consult with your supervisor adequately. When investigation is done by not alone, be sure to avoid the 3 C's (Closed space, Crowed places, Conversation at a short distance). Investigation with accommodation is not recommended.
- Entrance ceremony will be postponed to October with New Students enroll in Fall.
- Guidance is replaced by distribution of documents through AIMS-Gifu. Please check the documents by yourself.