6-month Sandwich Program 2021
Calling for 6-month sandwich program student in 2021.
FOR MASTER'S COURSE STUDENT
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Gifu University (GSNST-GU) and Graduated School of Integrated Science and Technology, Shizuoka University (GSIST-SU) are hosting "6-month Sandwich Program" for further development of academic and research collaboration with targeted universities.
Eligibility: Candidates must be a student;
- 1) Who is registered in the Master's courses of any targeted universities listed below.
- 2) Who is able to obtain Japanese Student Visa before the program starts.
- The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Gifu University (GSNST-GU)
- Graduate School of Integrated Science and Technology, Shizuoka University (GSIST-SU)
Status under the Program: "Non-degree" status (Special Auditor Student)
- 1. Application Form (M4_Application_Form.docx)
- 2. Academic Transcripts of your master's and bachelor's education
* "10. Your supervisor's comment about you" should be written by your supervisor at your home university. Please get his/her brief comment on your MSc research progress, your attitude, his/her expectation of your research at Gifu or Shizuoka University, and so on.
* The name of your preferred supervisor can be found at supervisors_list.pdf
* Applicant must get the permission for the acceptance from the prospective supervisor in GU or SU before submission. (Please put a check mark in No.11 of the application form). If you do not have this permission, we can not accept your application form. In addition, if you want to know the e-mail address of your preferred supervisor to obtain his/her permission, please contact the United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Gifu University (email@example.com).
Application Deadline: May 20, 2021 (5:00 pm. JST)
* Scanned copies of above 2 documents should be submitted to UGSAS, GU Office via E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the first screening.
Screening and Exams Scheduled: May 21- June 7, 2021
Notification to Successful Candidates: Mailed out on June 18, 2021
Program Period: 6 months from October 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022
Financial Aid: The students under the program can be financially supported by JASSO etc. with the estimated amount of 80,000 JPY. The students supported by any other scholarship or funds monthly with 80,000 JPY or more are not eligible to this financial support.
Tuition and Fees: Exam Fee, Entrance Fee, and Tuition are waived.
Travel and Other Expenses: Airfares, Housing Rent, Insurances should be provided by the students themselves. If you wait at the hotel for a quarantine period of 14 days after arrival in Japan, we will subsidize the accommodation fee up to 15 nights up to 3,000 yen per night.
Number of Students Accepted: About 6 students every academic year.
Summary of Program:
- (1) Great opportunity to take new/different advice from the professors of the Gifu / Shizuoka University in the equivalent field to his/hers
- (2) Eligible to take the subjects of GSNST-GU or GSIST-SU and get the credits as well as academic evaluation.
- (3) Eligible to take the subjects of UGSAS-GU. Course credits and a certificate of auditing will be received.
- (4) The research presentation will be held at the end of the program in March.
- (5) Need to submit a Completion Report (Form H-2) to the dean of the GSNST-GU after the program period.
- Bangladesh: University of Dhaka (GU) , Bangladesh Agricultural University (GU/SU)
- China: Guangxi University (GU)
- India: Assam University (GU/SU*), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (GU)
- Indonesia: Andalas University (GU), IPB University (GU/SU*), Gadjah Mada University (GU/SU), Sebelas Maret University (GU), Uiversity of Lampung (GU/SU*)
- Thailand: Chulalongkorn University (GU*), Kasetsart University (GU/SU), King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi (GU/SU)
- Vietnam: Hanoi University of Science and Technology (GU)
- Philippines: Mariano Marcos State University (GU/SU)
- Malaysia: National University of Malaysia (GU)
GU: Accpetable at Gifu University
SU: Acceptable at Shizuoka University
* It may not be acceptable depending on your faculty, please contact us.
Contact: UGSAS-GU Office email@example.com