6-month Sandwich Program 2023
Calling for 6-month sandwich program student in 2023.
FOR MASTER'S COURSE STUDENT
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Gifu University (GSNST-GU) and Graduated School of Integrated Science and Technology, Shizuoka University (GSIST-SU) are hosting "6-month Sandwich Program" for further development of academic and research collaboration with targeted universities.
JAPAN 6-MONTH SANDWICH PROGRAM 2023
Candidates must be a student;
- 1) Who is registered in the Master's courses of any targeted universities listed below.
- 2) Who is able to obtain Japanese Student Visa before the program starts.
- The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Gifu University (GSNST-GU)
- Graduate School of Integrated Science and Technology, Shizuoka University (GSIST-SU)
Status under the Program
"Non-degree" status (Special Auditor Student)
- 1. Application Form
- 2. Academic Transcripts of your master's and bachelor's education
- 3. Field of Study and Research Plan
* "10. Your supervisor's comment about you" should be written by your supervisor at your home university. Please get his/her brief comment on your MSc research progress, your attitude, his/her expectation of your research at Gifu or Shizuoka University, and so on.
* The name of your preferred supervisor can be found at
- Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Gifu University
- Graduate School of Integrated Science and Technology, Shizuoka University
* Applicant must get the permission for the acceptance from the prospective supervisor in GU or SU before submission. (Please put a check mark in No.11 of the application form). If you do not have this permission, we can not accept your application form. In addition, if you want to know the e-mail address of your preferred supervisor to obtain his/her permission, please contact the United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Gifu University (email@example.com).
May 8, 2023 (4:00 pm. JST)
* Scanned copies of above 3 documents should be submitted to UGSAS, GU Office via E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the first screening.
Screening and Exams Scheduled
May 10-May 29, 2023
Notification to Successful Candidates
Mailed out on June 16, 2023
6 months from October 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024
The students under the program can be financially supported by JASSO etc. with the estimated amount of 80,000 JPY. The students supported by any other scholarship or funds monthly with 80,000 JPY or more are not eligible to this financial support.
Tuition and Fees
Exam Fee, Entrance Fee, and Tuition are waived.
Travel and Other Expenses
Airfares, Housing Rent, Insurances should be provided by the students themselves.
Number of Students Accepted
About 4 students.
Summary of Program
- (1) Great opportunity to take new/different advice from the professors of the Gifu / Shizuoka University in the equivalent field to his/hers
- (2) Eligible to take the subjects of GSNST-GU or GSIST-SU and get the credits as well as academic evaluation.
- (3) Eligible to take the subjects of UGSAS-GU. A certificate of auditing will be received.
- (4) The research presentation will be held at the end of the program in March.
- (5) Need to submit a Completion Report (Form H-2) after the program period.
- Bangladesh: University of Dhaka (GU) , Bangladesh Agricultural University (GU/SU)
- China: Guangxi University (GU)
- India: Assam University (GU/SU*), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (GU)
- Indonesia: Andalas University (GU), IPB University (GU/SU*), Gadjah Mada University (GU/SU), Sebelas Maret University (GU), Uiversity of Lampung (GU/SU*), Institut Teknologi Bandung (GU/SU)
- Thailand: Chulalongkorn University (SU*), Kasetsart University (GU/SU), King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi (GU/SU)
- Vietnam: Hanoi University of Science and Technology (GU)
- Philippines: Mariano Marcos State University (GU/SU)
- Malaysia: National University of Malaysia (GU)
GU: Accpetable at Gifu University
SU: Acceptable at Shizuoka University
* It may not be acceptable depending on your faculty, please contact us.
UGSAS-GU Office email@example.com